Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Book Review: The Grownup by Gillian Flynn

First off the cover.
I have much love for it.
It's simple and intricate all at once.

Now on to the story.
From the first sentence.
When the words,

   I didn't stop giving hand jobs because I wasn't good at it. I  stopped giving hand jobs because I was the best at it.

are said I was hooked.

 The main character is a roll with the punches type. Which considering her life is not surprising. She's currently pretending to be a psychic so when this woman, Susan come to her saying has a haunted house what she initially see's as an easy "pacify the rich woman with too much time on her hands and make easy money" job may turn out to be all too real.

 This is a short story so I don't want to say too much except I ended up really liking it and the way she spun the story keep pulling me in and kept me guessing long after the book was over, but there were a few mishaps along the way and even opened ended stories need certain thing fleshed out.

This was my first Gillian Flynn book and I'm definitely looking forward to my second.
                                           
 In the end I gave it 4/5 stars and for full disclosure I got this book for review in exchange for honest review from "Blogging For Books".



No comments:

Post a Comment