Thursday, August 22, 2013

Book Review: Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey

DISCLAIMER: Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book. Witch Eyes. Which I did a review of Linked here : http://theforsaken707.blogspot.com/2013/07


So here we are again, oh how l'm going to hate when this series ends. The last book left off with characters discovering who Braden's father is, and also with Braden killing Lucien. Let the drama begin!

When this starts off Braden is overcome with guilt over killing Lucien. Adding onto to that Trey and Riley aren't speaking to him and Jade will only speak to him in secret.

 I feel like during this book Braden continues to give Jason, His father, a hard time and personally I feel like that they really need to have a talk, so they can air some things out. I hope that their relationship can be resolved sometime during the third book, although I get the feeling it's probably not going to help at all. I get the feeling that something will explode big time.

Also, Trey and Braden's relationship is still in the "will they, or won't they', and I just feel the need to knock Trey upside his head once in a while. As soon as they seem to be getting closer, something seems to happen, and well, you can see where that thought was going.

One person who I was excited to see more of was Drew. He is still sarcastic and running his mouth off, but he also seems to be a loyal friend. I don't know what he's going to do in the end considering the fact that he hates both of the people in the feud, but I'm going to love finding out.

In this sequel, we get to see a little bit of Jade and Riley. We even get to learn a little bit more about the Drew and Jade thing, So I'm be interested to see what happens with these two in the future.

So in this book girls are disappearing in town and Braden instigates why and who. Also more titbits of his family past are coming out and I feel like in the third book its all going to come to a head.

Overall, I gave this book a 4/5 stars, because it was a page turner, and we get to see new interesting characters come into the story. People's loyalties are being tested, new alliances are being made while others seem to be breaking, and some of the things that happen will just leave you like O_O for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment