Friday, December 26, 2014

Book Review: The Martian by Andy Weir



This book follows Mark Watney an astronaut who is one of the first to walk on Mars and will be the first to probably die there. An unexpected dust storm comes he get injured and his crew is forced to leave him thinking he is dead but he miraculously survived. Not that it will do him much good being on Mars with a very limited food supply.

So in the synopsis on the book it says its a mix between Apollo 13 meets Cast Away and they should add the fact that this guy is FREAKING Macgyver (If You Don't Know Who That Is, I Weep For You) on Mars.

THIS IS Macgyver in action:
Need I show more? I think not.

If you wish to continue with the Richard Anderson (He Played Macgyver) theme then you can cross him with Jack O'Neill (Have You Not Seen Stargate either? The Horror. I Weep For You More) if only because of the space and actor connection.

First Off I loved Mark. Even though he's in this difficult (Understatement Of The Year) situation. He manges to keep a sense of humor. There are moments of course where he can't help it but he refuses to let the darkness swallow him whole. He tries to hold on to hope no matter what.

And for fear of spoilers I can't say much more other then this is VERY fast paced there is always something going on and there's not really any dull moments. Unless of course you're not a Math/Science person. There are points where he's explaining stuff and I barely get it but it didn't ruin the enjoyment of the book for me.

All in all I gave it 5/5 Stars and For full disclosure I got this book for review in exchange for honest review from "Blogging For Books".
http://www.bloggingforbooks.org/

I hope you guys go get this book and read it and let me know what you thought if you've read or if you plan on reading it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment